Saturday, June 27, 2009

Is memory a gift or curse

I had some thing in my mind yesterday night to blog about. I still
remember i was thinking this is what i will blog about tom'row.

Now when i sit in front of my puter i don't remember what i thought of.


Is memory a gift or a curse?

Lucky we don't remember everything that we see, read,hear.

Kids enjoy their days and every bit of their second of
life because of their in-ability to correlate the memory.
They do remember ... but they have not correlated and
categorized their memory. That is why they could
easily forget the consequence of a deed whether good or
bad and carry on with what they are doing.

Is it not amazing to see your kid call you 'stupid' and
get beaten by you and then the next minute comes back to
you like as if nothing happened...does that mean they
have forgotten the instance...no way. My son still remembers
why i beat him when he called my mom 'evil grandMa'.
But when he looks and plays with me he never remembers that
instant...that instant is just another instant and has
not been still categorized as something special event
and he does not remember that event when he looks at me
... but as a old-dude i remember often that when i look
at my son.

Another great thing about kids is that they don't have a
future...they live on at that moment with little influence
from their past. But as a grown-up we live on our past
and fear of future and miss out the present.

Though i can realize this and write about it...i cannot
be like a kid...living for that moment. So I ask again..

Is memory a gift or a curse?

(hundred and one percent.. i did not think of this topic
yesterday NOR until i started writing...).

No comments:

Post a Comment