Thursday, August 6, 2009

What is our obsession with numbers?

What is our obsession with numbers?

Today morning i received a SMS saying ... today around noon
we will witness this...

At 12 O'clock 34th minute and 56th second.... it becomes 123456 and today's date -07-08-09...123456789.

I was immediately reminded of American's would have witnessed it
a month back (because they number month first).

I switch over to Newspaper...here is an interesting news Amioh-a small
village in Haryana goes out off sex, alcohol and non-veg.

Why?

5-misterious death every 17-th day starting May-13th ...

Here is another one...
Master-blaster Sachin says He'll aim for 15,000 runs.

Here is another one ...

Remembering Heroshima after 64-years.

I wrote a mail to my friends...i am reminded of my this week
20-years back when i entered in IIT-Kanpur. The title was
20-years and still fresh...

Why 20-years still fresh?...ofcourse it is 0.5 year for
someone and 22.5 for someone and 25 for somebody else....
actually IITK is celebrating golden jubilee from today.


What is our obsession with numbers?

Kasi
P.S. People who don't have anything to do... play with numbers -Penrose.

He is right. I usually get up at 8:00-8:30 (too early for my
schedule compared to IITK days).

Today this SMS woke me up at 7:00 and did not
know what to do... then when i looked at the paper everything
looked like numbers...sensex going up 300 points, 31-men
crew trapped 70-year old man wants to cycle-stunt in Dasara
in Mysore, etc., Five -17 day death.... should I connect all these numbers
and bring something up?....I am expecting same thing happening on 999 (09-09-09).

No comments:

Post a Comment