Thursday, July 30, 2009

This blog... is only for those guys who were in Hall-IV IITK during 1989.

20-years back during this week I came to IITK ...to meet Jayaraman
for any advice for joining Ph.D in IITK....he prometely took
me to one Mr. Ilangovan in C-210 and vanished.

I was at that moment had no clue of what project i will do for
my Ph.D...Ilango asked me whether I am interested in doing Ph.D
in NMR...I said yes...he asked me to come in the evening to
meet other friends.

Evening I went to C-block HallIV... there was this fat fellow
on his short without shirt...he was singing some thuthakka thuthakka
song in hindi and was hanging in the middle floor. I asked for
ilango to him....he introduced himself as DevAnand doing M.Tech
and took me to lawn and we were waiting for Ilango to come
from his lab.

Then came a group of American college guys....one lean rowdy looking
guy was there who was talking all filth and laughed loud...
I was introduced to him ... hey i am Immi...Immanual Selvaraj.
Impressive I thought....he introduced his juniors who came
to join like me.

Everyone started asking my area of interest...i had nothing to
tell except NMR...what in NMR...who the hell knew...simulation
or experiemental.... i said experimental.... because i had no
clue on what is simulation.... in chemistry there is nothing
called simulation...all glass and chemicals...there was a
big pause. I got scared...i never knew experimental in NMR
means means hardware....Ilango came and ordered for tea etc.,
to everyone I thought wow...this guy is rich.

I thought i impressed everyone only on one thing...my smoking...
I was the highest smoker in the whole group.... i smoked around
4-5 cigrettes on that evening.

Got interviewed and selected...can write a lot about that interview
as well...but will stop.

Got selected so a party was going ON with the american college
guys....that lean rowdy fellow was drinking and shouting....
but he was interesting in many ways....i thought.

Fat fellow (dev) said he will book a room for me in HallIV... so
he did... but before moving to HallIV i was put in shared room with
a mallu actioned tamil fellow called Tamil.... the first thing
that got my eye with that fellow was .... he had 4-nipples...
We shared that room for 2-3 weeks i guess... we became freinds...
though he moved to hallV i moved HallIV because i liked what
i saw in HallIV....Ilango, fat fellow and rowdy fellow.

We three are still freinds and in touch....thanx to email and internet.
It is 20-years now.... It is still good to remember that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment